Accelerating Intensity of Connected Enterprises by Domain Driven Integration
Real-time enterprise requires to look beyond the design and management of services architecture and APIs. It must associate with increasing challenges and complexities of integration of connected ecosystem as well as marketplace offerings. It is now necessary to orchestrate an extended value proposition to advance the utilization of IoT devices and data associated with the participants of the connected enterprises. The growing the data economy is already influencing how applications are interact with classification of data based on their utilization. The paradigms are shifting due to the connected ecosystem delivering new types of data and associated services. The new types of relationships are emerging to assess and manage the integration.
Domain driven integration encapsulates the translation of conceptual objects and actions between the multiple applications insulating the classification of the data and corresponding services based on the domain. The domain driven architecture to define the classification of the data and associated services enables additional external systems to be integrated within the context of the domain and their relationship to the other applications. Domain driven integration provisions the common vocabulary, understanding, and responsibilities between producer and consumer applications. The problems as domains and subdomains describes independent areas of problems as bounded contexts emphasizing on streamlining and governing integration among different applications of real-time enterprises.
The example of the domain driven integration is defining the relationship between insurance agents, customers, and policies. The binding between domain of agent to the customer is in the context of policy. The policy can be associated with many other domain and subdomain including reinsurance. Many insurance organizations are introducing reward programs for the continuously maintaining good health record. The reward programs are usually implied to the policy domain. However, it is contextualized through the customer domain and the health data associated with the customer’s monitoring devices with appropriate level of authentication. It is separating the monolithic application integration into multiple microservices based integration with bounded contexts of either one or multiple domains. Domain driven integration can leverage not only the modernized concepts of microservices but also the API driven economy to focus on service boundaries in relationship to the business domain boundaries to formulation of connected enterprise.
Domain driven integration encapsulates the translation of conceptual objects and actions between the multiple applications insulating the classification of the data and corresponding services based on the domain
The primary domain driven integration enablers to accelerate intensity of connected enterprises are prominent as described below.
• It defines and bonds the components of real-time enterprises to efficiently assess and manage dynamics of the applications and their domain functionalities, data, and operations.
• Domain level hierarchy and nested levels of subdomains are defined based on the expected level of integration by the specific business in relationship to the functional domain.
• The enterprise application integration is contextualized based on their utilization. The microservices can be utilized for different purposes distinguished by the domain context.
• It protects the domain knowledge and corresponding responsibilities from other domains or subdomains. It is the reason; the payment related authorization and authentication prefers domain driven integration.
• It provides the method to internally and externally validate as well as govern integration in association to the business domain in the marketplace.
• All external knowledge and dependencies are kept at the boundary of domains (or subdomains) governing specific classes, interfaces, and terms of the integration.
• It advances the data science and machine learning implications due to highly contextualized integration and the new type of data with domain (or subdomain) classification.
See Also :